Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Commuter Fail

This morning at 4:45 AM my alarm went off with it's usual message, "Get your ass out of bed and ride your bike!" Did I do that? No I did not. I turned that bitch off and went back to sleep. Then woke back up at 5:30 and drove to work. Meh.

My schedule is changing at work soon, finally and thankfully. I'll be arriving at work at an incredible 7 AM, which is fairly perfect for cycling to work - early enough to miss most of the traffic and the heat, late enough I don't mind the wakeup time. Because that 4:30 in the morning shit is for the birds.

That said, it's okay to fail. As someone who has, yknow, a blog about cycling you'd think I'd be considerably more dedicated to my cause. But I'm also a human being and when your alarm goes off in the dark of night and you're looking at an optional 40 minute commute in the morning, then 40 minutes home in blasting 100 degree heat, it's really hard to talk yourself out of bed when you know for a fact you can get an extra half hour of sleep if you just drive. There's also basically nothing open so if you don't have breakfast already made, that's also not happening. So I fail, and I'm really pretty okay with admitting it.

You don't have to be superman, you can screw up. Just adjust, and come back and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment