Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Slogging through Molasses

Man, I don't know what's up with me lately!  This weekend, the boyfriend and I took a Sunday jaunt to our local watering hole/establishment of sports broadcasting to catch Stage 1 of the Tour (go Cancellara!)

Now, I am not known to be the most patient person on earth, and I've been known to fuss at my super-athletic boyfriend because he tends to lollygag while cycling.  This weekend, as I pulled up behind him to the light, I found myself unable to push my legs faster.  I feel heavy, slow, like I'm slogging through molasses on a cold day in January.  I noticed the same thing this morning at the gym while working out.    The complete opposite of how I fancy myself.

The struggle with this is to not let it get to my self-esteem and just keep moving - the longer I spend on the bike, the better the situation becomes.  It's just hard to want to get on the bike when you're worried about disappointing yourself.  Meaning this is all a head-issue.

How the hell do people motivate themselves when they plain old don't want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment