Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring touches down with Summer on it's heels

I don't know about the rest of the world, but yesterday I felt the baking breath of summer across my neck, the first true sign that spring has arrived.  We broke 90 degrees yesterday for the first time this year.

Now, for those of you still living through freezing rain or snow on the ground, that probably sounds like paradise.  But for those of us who are accustomed to living in an oven what it means is this - the temperature is not going to go down again until roughly late September.  Don't believe me, right?  Trust me.  I wish I were joking.  I've already laid down the foundations of this year's tan.

This is the time of year to take everything with you but the kitchen sink.  It could rain, hail, or roast you to death.  We might get a last cold snap, but it's coming.  Get your sunglasses, uber lightweight rainjackets, sandals, and sunscreen ready, cyclists of Texas.  Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment