Friday, January 11, 2013

The Flu and the Bike

The last week has been pretty gnarly - my entire household has been felled by a virulent strain of the flu.  Today is my first day back at work, and eeeesh does it feel weird to take that kind of time off.  Last night was my test for whether I was ready to be back at the ol' keyboard.

I've got to tell you - when you've spent the last week winded walking across the house, taking your bike even a couple miles is daunting.  But, I've been working out like crazy lately and I decided to see if I could make it to the store and back.

It's almost uninteresting how smoothly my ride went - but it did!  I rode to the store and back and could breathe fine the entire way - in fact I took the long way home.  I really wish I had more drama to report, but....I just don't.  And that in itself is a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment